Troops Push Into Boko Haram Camps As Army Issues Second Warning To Terrorists
Troops of the Nigerian Army have continued to push deep into the camps of the Boko Haram terrorists group.
This is even as the army has issued out another warning to the insurgents desist from all acts of terrorism and surrender themselves.
In a statement Sunday, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Kukasheka Usman, said the continued offensives against the terrorists by advancing troops resulted to the terrorists fleeing and abandoning their locations at Nafari and Gonin Kurmi.
In the process, the terrorists they left various food items and personal effects as they fled to Sambisa forest, Usman said.
While calling on citizens to continue co-operating with security agencies through provision of timely and credible information about any known terrorists, Usman asked the terrorists to surrender their arms and face the law.
“This is to once again warn all Boko Haram terrorists wherever they are, to desist from all acts of terrorism, surrender themselves and face the law now. We wish to inform them that we are aware of all their hideouts, camps and enclaves.”
“They should follow their colleagues who have so far surrendered. Failure to surrender will result in serious consequences as our troops are fast closing up with them.”
“We equally appeal to all Nigerians to kindly persuade them to desist and renounce their membership of the terrorist organization forthwith.”