Boko Haram Suspects: Army Frees 271 Nigerians, 4 Foreigners

The Nigerian Army on Friday released 275 detainees after they had been cleared of being members of the Boko Haram terrorists group.

Maj.-Gen. Hassan Umaru, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, handed over the detainees to Gov. Kashim Shettima at a ceremony in Maiduguri.

Umaru said that the detainees included 271 Nigerians and two nationals each of the republics of Cameroon and Niger.

“Today we are releasing 275 persons who have been in detention over suspicion of being involved in terrorism. Our crack team of joint investigators has screened and cleared the persons that are in the process of being released here today,” he said.

He said that the detainees included 142 males, 49 females, 22 under aged and 50 children of cleared females.

“The persons being released comprise 142 males 49 females, 22 under aged, 50 children of cleared females, two Nigeriens and two Cameroonians,” the theatre commander said.

He said that they were being released in line with the principles of justice and fair play.

“Inline with the principles of justice, equity and fairness, we deem it fit to release them to their families,” he said.

He expressed sadness over their detention and urged them to consider it as their contribution to efforts to return peace in the country.

“Their stay in detention had not been palatable due to restrictions imposed on them and loss of freedom.

“However, I see it as their sacrifice and contribution toward the return of peace in our country,” Umaru said.

He said that the army had transferred eight other suspects to the police for further investigations.

“Eight cases that are criminal in nature will be transferred to the police for further action,” Umaru said.

“We wish to assure Nigerians that no individual will be unjustly or unduly incarcerated. We remained committed to the protection of fundamental Human rights of every citizen of Nigeria and foreigners alike”.

Governor  Shettima commended the military for a job well done.

Shettima said that the action had confirmed that the military was a respecter of the law.

“This action bears testimony to the fact that we are running a very professional force, contrary to insinuations from several quarters speculating arbitrary killings, detention and dehumanisation of suspects.

“This is about the third or the fourth time we are receiving detainees to be reunited with their families,” he said.

Shettima added: “The Nigerian Army deserves special commendation for all the sacrifices it has been making for us to have peace in this part of the world.

“We want to urge the detainees to be worthy ambassadors to go back home and be the catalysts for promoting peace and development in our society. As a responsible government, we are going to give tokens to each of the detainees.

“Those that can be trained in vocational skills and other professions will be trained in specific professions. For those of school age, we will insist with the parents that they must have access to education.

“Education is a right and not a privilege and it is compulsory in this part of the world,” the governor said.

[easy-social-share buttons="facebook,twitter" counters=0 style="button"]

South African Appears On Video Claiming To Be Killer Of Foreigners; Issues 14-Day Warning

The video you are about to watch may change your views on life permanently.

You are strongly urged to watch this video with careful composure.

There are no scenes of violence in the video however it does contain very disturbing speech.

The individual in this video who says he goes by the name, Sergeant Mabutu Butu Meseko Zuma, Ngugu, with his alleged friend, ‘Maseko,’ claims to be a South African behind the killing of many  fellow African foreigners in the country in the recent xenophobic unrest plaguing the nation that has government undertones.

This fellow praises and promises more killing of foreigners in South Africa.

South Africa’s president, Jacob Zuma’s son has been accused by opposition activist Julius Malema of verbally promoting the xenophobic attacks.

We reported recently South Africa’s minister of small business actually suggesting support for looting against foreigners unless the ‘foreigners’ teach South Africans their ‘trade secrets.’

South Africa has deployed its army to Johannesburg and other violent regions.

Watch the video

 

[easy-social-share buttons="facebook,twitter" counters=0 style="button"]

#XenophobicSA: Return To Your Africa Or We Will Kill You, South Africans Write Letter To Foreigners

South Africans write Whassap warning to foreigners. In a message Itunu Bodurin sent to Punch, signed by several groups, including the Patriotic Movement, Pan Local Forum, Unemployed Workers Forum and Anti-Crime Movement, Nigerians and other foreigners were warned to leave the country and return to ‘Africa” or be killed.

Here is what it said:

Dear neighbour from Africa and other parts of the world, we have travelled the world and have not found one country that allows the floods of humans across its borders as South Africa is experiencing. Even in war-torn parts like Syria, Ukraine, Yemen and Somali.

We were seven million people in Johannesburg city in 2011. Today, we have an estimated 13 million. In Johannesburg alone, you have taken over entire suburbs: Yeoville, Berea, Bez Valley, Turfontein, among many. You have even moved into rural parts of our country that have 80-per-cent unemployment, and there are no visible signs that you have jobs either.

We want to be proudly part of the geographic construct called Africa, but we are as different from one another as Kenyans are from Nigerians; Ivorians from Chadians, etc.

We are pleading with you to return to your home countries. Go and build up those countries so that we can all live in economic, social and political prosperity and peace as neighbours. The genocide in this corner of Africa will be far worse than what happened in Rwanda in 1994. Then the entire continent will be condemned to ashes. Is that what you want?

South Africans not fully employed or who were found guilty of crimes, were recently repatriated from Nigeria and rightly so.

Our people are preparing for war against all foreigners (from Bulgaria, Pakistan and Bangladesh to Africa, north of the Limpopo) and we are all very scared. Please go home and build Africa. Millions will die if you don’t. This we can guarantee.

Meanwhile groups are calling for the boycott of South African products and services to push the government to act in the interest of locals and foreigners alike.

[easy-social-share buttons="facebook,twitter" counters=0 style="button"]