Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) Graduate Internship Scheme 2012
Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) Graduate Internship Recruitment 2012
In line with Mr. President’s promise to mitigate the spate of youth unemployment in the country through the re-investment of the subsidy funds, the Federal Government has initiated the graduate Internship Scheme under the Social Safety net component of Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P). The ultimate goal is to reduce unemployment among graduates and stimulate economic growth, as part of priority transformation agenda of the current administrative, while also enhancing opportunities towards the attainment of Vision 2020.
The scheme has the objective to create opportunities for unemployed graduates to be engaged for a period of one (1) year in reputable firms and institutions, to enable them acquire skills and experience and enhance their employability. The scheme would be a form of partnership with firms and institutions in which they get free labour and undertake to groom and mentor the interns to acquire skills on the job experience while government pays stipends to the interns. This will help equip graduates towards meeting the demands of employers in the current labour market. Interns would be deployed to firms and institutions in their areas of residence for convenience.
Interns would be deployed according to the relevance of their discipline to the firms. This will not only improve manpower development but will also broaden the applicant’s expertise. And these interns would be under close supervision for the period, to ensure diligence.
- The scheme targets unemployed graduates (males and females not more than 40 years of age) who are willing to be engaged for a temporary period of one year in firms and institutions to acquire skills;
- Applicants must have completed a degree/HND
- Applicants must have completed the mandotory NYSC or exempted
How To Apply:
- The Federal Government of Nigeria hereby invites interested unemployed graduates to express interest in the scheme by visiting www.wyesurep.gov.ng to complete and submit application forms online.
- The application shall be processed on first come first serve basis for up to 50,000 interns and selection will be merit-based. Please note that all information will be verified before consideration for placement.
- This advertisement is published for information purposes only and should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of SURE-P to award a job contract.
- SURE-P will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested applicant in connection with submission of an application or any response to an inquiry.
- SURE-P is not bound to shortlist any applicant and reserves the right to reject or annul the application process at any time without incurring any liability and assigning any reason there for;
- Only shortlisted applicants will be considered and contacted.
09 – 2913452
09 – 2913454
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com