Six More Girls Abducted In Borno Escapes, Education Commissioner Says
While the search for more than 100 school girls abducted in Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state, continues on Friday, Six more girls had managed to escape their captors on their own, bringing to 20 the number that are free, the education commissioner of Borno state, Musa Inuwo Kubo said.
Kubo spoke at a news conference where parents of the kidnapped students expressed their anguish over an statement by the Defence Headquarters that all but eight of the students were freed Wednesday night, a claim it later retracted.
Out of the six more girls that had returned home, two were found wandering in the forest by soldiers and four who had made their way to a village near where they were being held, bringing the total girls freed to 20.
14 of the over 120 girls had earlier escaped on Monday after they were abducted by the insurgents. Four of those that had earlier returned had jumped from the back of a truck soon after the abductions, while 10 escaped into the bush when their abductors asked them to cook a meal, she added.
Search for the remaining girls is still ongoing as a combined team of soldiers, vigilantees and even the parents of the missing girls are still the bushes.
The AP news agency reported on Friday that the search was being conducted in the Sambisa Forest, known to be a hiding place for fighters from Boko Haram, a group blamed for widespread attacks that have left hundreds dead in recent months.
A town official said people angry at the failure to find the abductees and have taken the initiative to search the forest themselves.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com