See Amnesty Packages for Boko Haram in Circulation. How true?
It is not immediately known where this details originated from, but indications points to the fact that it is fake as the committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday to look at the possibility of offering an amnesty deal to the Islamist insurgents who have killed hundreds is yet to decide if the amnesty will be granted, let alone draw up what the amnesty package will contain.
Specifically, the committee is saddled with the responsibility of outlining the pros and cons of amnesty to the group with the view of coming up with a workable outcome. It is therefore surprising to see that conditions have already been drawn out for the amnesty. How true this is shall be unravelled within weeks.
According to the document in circulation titled ‘FG’s approved Amnesty Charter:’, the amnesty package proposed by northern elders and approved by the presidency will contain:
1. A ministry of Northern affairs must be established like the Niger Delta Ministry.
2. Each Boko haram member who embraces the amnesty will receive an initial cash reward of 3 million naira to start up a business.
3. Boko haram members who embrace the amnesty program will be giving a house by the FG
4. Boko haram leaders who embraced the amnesty program will be giving a cash gift of 20 million naira each and other juicy packages will also follow
5. Selected boko haram members from each zone will be taken abroad for training, just as the Niger delta militants enjoyed.
6. Each boko haram member will be on a monthly salary of N100,000 for a period of 3 years.
7. FG must rebuild borno, yobe and other state they claimed the JTF destroyed.
8. Security contract will be given to Boko haram leaders to secure the north.
8. JTF will be completely withdrawn from the northern states, where boko haram operates.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com