President Jonathan Excluded From List of 60 Presidential Candidate – See Full List
The Arewa Youth Movement, AYM, after a rigorous screening exercise, has listed 60 Nigerians, most of whom are northern extraction, to succeed Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as President of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
A statement signed by Abdulrahman Abu Hmisu and Muhammed Bello Jega, National Coordinator and National Secretary respectively, said those listed are persons it believes can tackle the present level of underdevelopment, insecurity and disunity in the country.
According to them, although the nominees cut across different ideological orientations and political parties, they are mainly liberals, progressives and even radicals.
The release obtained by DailyPost, shows that three names were selected from each state, on the basis of geo-political representation and considerations that favour merit as well as ethnic, gender and religious inclusiveness.
AYM stated that, “In drawing up the list, consideration was also given to leaders from different vocational backgrounds. Additional criteria included credibility, good education, consistency, reasonable levels of low or lack of corruption, public sector experience, patriotism, national and international acceptability, and firmness as well as strength of character to implement fundamental development projects.
“The Movement is very optimistic that one of its nominees will emerge as the next President of Nigeria, after a continuing process of processing, including public debates and public scrutiny of the potentials of the candidates. The other nominees will then be expected to support the winner to run the country well on the basis of collective leadership.”
According to the group, if for any reason, the President is to come from the South, three nominees:
1. Chief Emeka Anyaoku;
2. Dr. Donald Duke; and
3. Governor Rotimi Amaechi, are to be considered.
THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES FROM THE NORTH ARE:
1. Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President.
2. General Mohammed Marwa, former Military Governor.
3. Nuhu Ribadu, Lawyer, former Chairman, EFCC.
1. Senator Dr. Ibrahim Yakubu Lame, former Minister, educationist.
2. Amina As-Zubair, United Nations official, former Presidential Adviser.
3. Governor Isa Yuguda, former Minister, Politician.
1. Senator George Akume, former Governor of Benue.
2. Chief Audu Ogbe, former PDP National Chairman, former Minister.
3. Dr. Yima Sen, Activist, former UN official, former Presidential Adviser,
1. Professor Nur Alkali, former presidential Adviser, former Vice Chancellor, former DG of NIPSS, Academic.
2. Alhaji Mohammadu Goni, former Military Governor.
3. Professor Sunday Bwala, Academic.
1. Senator Audu Idris Umar
2. Mallam Murtala Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
3. Ambassador, General Timothy Shelpildi
1. Governor Sule Lamido, Politician.
2. Ambassador Ibrahim Musa Kazaure, politician.
3. Barr. Ali Saad B. Kudu, former Governor, Politician.
1. Professor Ango Abdullahi, Academic, former Vice Chancellor, community leader.
2. Mallam Nasir El Rufai, former Minister, Professional.
3. Senator Esther Nenadi Usman, former Minister.
1. Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, former parliamentarian.
2. Dr. Jibo Ibrahim, Activist, Academic.
3. Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, former Governor, Educationist.
1. General Muhammadu Buhari, former Head of State, former Minister.
2. Dr. Usman Bugaje, former Presidential Adviser, former Parliamentarian.
3. Senator Kanti Bello, Politician.
1. Senator Mohammed Aliero, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Tanko Ayuba, former Military Governor.
3. Dr. Mohammadu Bello, former Minister, Politician.
1. Chief Patrick Adaba, former Deputy Governor, University Administrator.
2. Professor Francis Idachaba, former Vice Chancellor, Academic.
3. Professor Mike Kwanashie, Academic, Vice Chancellor.
1. Senator Bukola Saraki, former Governor, Medical Doctor.
2. Senator Shaaba Lafiagi, former Governor.
3. Professor Ibrahim Gambari, UN official, Former Minister, Academic.
1. Senator Solomon Ewuga, former Minister, Lawyer.
2. Mallam Rufai Ibrahim, Journalist, Publisher, Lawyer.
3. Dr. Hassan Lawal, Politician, former Minister, lawyer.
1. Governor Babangida Aliyu, former Federal Perm Sec.
2. Senator Zainab Kure, Politician.
3. Professor Amina Mama, Activist, Academic, University Administrator.
1. Senator, General John Shagaya, former Minister, Politician.
2. Professor Sonni Tyoden, Academic, former Vice Chancellor.
3. Senator John Wash Pam, former Deputy Senate President.
1. Rt. Hon Aminu Tambuwal, lawyer, politician/legislator.
2. Mallam Muktar Shagari, former Minister, Deputy Governor.
3. Senator Aliyu Mai Sango Abubakar III.
1. Barr Baba Adi, Businessman, Lawyer, Politician.
2. Rt. Hon Simon Dogari, former Speaker, University Administrator.
3. Ambassador Suleiman Zubairu, Politician, former Ambassador.
1. Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, former Governor. Politician.
2. General Alwali Kazir, former Chief of Army Staff.
3. Senator Ahmed Ibrahim Lawal
1. General Aliyu Gusau, former National Security Adviser.
2. Senator Kabir Garba Marafa, Politician.
3. Senator Yau Sahabi Alhaji, Politician.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org