President Buhari Appoints New Service Chiefs, NSA
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of new service chiefs, following the sack of the former service chiefs on Monday.
The President also approved the appointment of a new National Security Adviser to succeed Sambo Dasuki, who was also relieved of his appointment.
A statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adviser list the service new chiefs and the new National Security Adviser as:
1. Major-General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin – Chief of Defence Staff;
2. Major-General T.Y. Buratai – Chief of Army Staff
3. Rear Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas – Chief of Naval Staff
4. Air Vice Marshal Sadique Abubakar – Chief of Air Staff
5. Air Vice Marshal Morgan Monday Riku – Chief of Defence Intelligence
6. Major-General Babagana Monguno (rtd.) – National Security Adviser
Adesina said the newly appointed service chiefs will act in their various capacities until their confirmation by the Senate.