PDP’s Attack on APC’s decision to Boycott #NationalConference; Our position – APCFanClub
We have read a post on PDP Nigeria’s Facebook Page attacking All Progressives Congress(APC) because it has decided not take part in the proposed National Confab(“Greek Gift”) by Goodluck Jonathan.
One of the leaders of our progressive party, Asijawu Bola Tinubu had comprehensively educated us and Nigerians as well on his Press Statement about why he objected to the National Conference in spite of the fact that he was one of the very few sets of Nigerians calling for a Sovereign National Conference(SNC).
The same SNC which this same Goodluck objected on grounds that we have National Assembly whose members are elected representative of the people and can as well do what such a conference can do.
But today, on sensing his total rejection by the Nigerian people owing to his failure to address key national issues and the increasing rate of employment, corruption and impunity not to even talk of the rejection by his party men, Goodluck woke up from slumber and announced on Oct 1st, 2013 that he will conduct a #NationalConference(NC).
To achieve his ill-intention, Goodluck Jonathan wants to subject the resolution of his “Greek gift” to the same NASS for ratification.
We(“the people”) are more enlightened by the day and we know the distinction between Sovereign National Conference and National Conference, so there is no amount of attack on our party and its leaders will sway away our minds against PDP and its rulers. We have collectively taken it upon ourselves to reclaim Nigeria for our good, the boat is out of shore and turns back no more.
If Goodluck is sincere with his intention for Nigeria, let him wait after 2015, a genuine National Conference can be staged where matters bothering on our National/Mutual Co-existence will be discussed or otherwise,
1. There must be a law equipping the Conference with Sovereignty, this will give it power to effect a change. Without this, the confab may just go down the drain like others in the past.
2. National Assembly members have always been there on representative basis presiding over the mess that Nigeria has become today, so subjecting the resolutions to the same NASS who are the ultimate beneficiaries of the status quo, would mean playing on our collective intelligence as it is utterly nonsensical.
3. Jonathan and the PDP had no clear-cut agenda for Nigerians, GEJ being pushed around like a baby and failure to secure a clear coast for another term in office staring him in the face, wants a National Confab, why an emergency confab?
4. 16months to general elections, is the polity not too hot for the Jonathan’s gamble?
5. If Jonathan is a nationalist, as the PDP is showcasing him, let there be a law making the conference SOVEREIGN or a law that will subject their resolutions to a PLEBISCITE.
For now, our position as APC FAN CLUB – Worldwide and indeed the entire APC household remain resolute.
We therefore implore all progressive minded Nigerians to disregard the antics being deplored by PDP and strategise on how to vote PDP out by 2015.
Long Live Nigeria
Long Live APC
Long Live APCFanClub
for: APCFanCluB- Worldwide
Yours on National Assignment to reclaim Nigeria
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.