Orange Signs Eight-Year Partnership With CAF As Sponsor of 5 Major Competitions
- Starting with the Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon in January 2017, Orange has extended its sponsorship with the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) to include the 2019 tournament in Cameroon, the 2021 tournament in Ivory Coast and the 2023 tournament in Guinea.
- The eight-year sponsorship also covers the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations, the Total CAF Champions League and the Total CAF Super Cup.
Putting fans’ passions at the heart of Orange’s sponsorship
The Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) is the biggest football tournament across Africa and the Middle East. Today, Orange (www.Orange.com) has signed a new eight-year contract to be the Official Sponsor and CAF (www.CAFonline.com) partner, extending a successful sponsorship partnership that dates back to 2008. Services to support the partnership will be provided by Lagardère Sports. The new partnership covers:
- The Final tournament of the Total Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final tournament of the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final Phase of the Total CAF Champions League (2017 to 2024);
- The Final Tournament of the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations (2018, 2020, 2022, 2024);
- The Total CAF Super Cup (2017 to 2024).
Bruno Mettling, Deputy CEO of Orange, and CEO of Orange Middle East and Africa, commented: “Football is the number one passion of our customers in Africa and the Middle East, and we’re delighted that our new partnership will enable us to bring them even closer to the events and things they love. These flagship competitions in African football generate an incredible spirit of unity across communities and people, and Orange is proud to reaffirm its commitment to supporting football, as we have done for nearly 20 years. Innovations that Orange has developed, like the Orange Football Club digital platform, are particularly popular in the countries where we operate and play a vital role in supporting football fans across the region.”
Rewarding and recognising fans with powerful experiences
The core objective of Orange’s sponsorship strategy, Orange Sponsors You, is to give fans the recognition they deserve by putting them centre-stage, turning the spotlight on them and rewarding them for their passion.
Launching in Mali first, Orange will be doubling the amount of data in its offers to help enable fans to stay on top of all the football action. The Total Africa Cup of Nations is Orange’s biggest event across Africa and the Middle East, and fans can also look forward to unique experiences, events and offers only through Orange, including:
- Live football action in stadiums: almost 30,000 match tickets to be rewarded to fans for their passions over the lifetime of the partnership (over 1,000 for the Total Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon in January 2017);
- Fan of the Match: Exclusive to Orange, the fan that stands out the most at every Finals match will be singled out and recognised by Orange as the tournament’s official fan of the match;
- Warm-Up: At each game, three fans will get privileged access to watch the pre-match warm-ups.