NEITI Executive Secretary, Waziri Adio Declares Assets Publicly. (See Details)
The Executive Secretary of NEITI, Waziri Adio who was recently appointed by President Buhari has publicly declared his assets. He declared his assets after issuing a press release to several news outlets including Nairametrics.
Here is a summary of his assets
Cash in Nigerian Banks:
• As at 30 March 2016, I had a total of N3, 810, 206 in Naira accounts with Access Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and United Bank for Africa.
• As at 30 March 2016, I had a total of $821 in domiciliary accounts in Access Bank and UBA.
The foreign accounts I operated at different times as a student or a fellow in the US are all closed.
• One unit of a 3-Bedrooom bungalow in an estate in a suburb of Abuja bought in 2011 at N17.5m, renovated and currently valued at N25m;
• Two units of 3-bedroom flats built over 13 years (between 2000 and 2013) in Lambe, Ogun State, currently valued at N12m.
• Two plots together measuring 1000 sqm demarcated by a dwarf fence in Iwo, my hometown in Osun State, bought in 2013, valued at N700, 000;
• Yet-to-be-located 600 sqm in a disputed estate in Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja bought in 2011 at N750, 000.
I have beneficial interests in the following private companies that I co-founded:
• Think Tank Consult Limited
• SW4 Media Limited, Publishers of Metropole Magazine
• Elan-Metro Foods Limited
• Cable Newspaper Limited, Publishers of TheCable online newspaper
I also have equity in two non-operational companies:
• Papyrus Media Limited
• Bamisoro Media Limited
• VW Passat bought new in 2011 at N5.8m
• BMW X5 2008 Model bought second hand in February 2016 at N3.3m
• 9 KVA Hyundai Diesel Generator bought at N850, 000
• 3 KVA Sunkam Inverter bought at N450, 000
• Other household furniture, electronics, exercise equipment, artworks and others valued at N3.5m
Shares in Publicly Quoted Companies:
I have shares in Skye Bank, Sterling Bank and Staco Insurance, bought in 2008 at N2.5m now presently valued at N296, 610.
Assets of Spouse and Children:
• My wife runs two businesses: a salon and a bakery, with equipment and distribution vehicles all valued at N28.5m.
• We have three children under 18 and they do not own any assets.?