My Pact With The People Of Osun Central, By Dr Surajudeen Basiru
My Dear good people of Osun Central,
1. I am Dr. Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru, I am from Odofin Compound in Osogbo.
2. I had my primary and secondary education in Salvation Army Primary School and Laro Grammar School, Osogbo respectively.
3. I obtained LL.B (Hons), LL.M and Ph.D. in law from the University of Lagos.
4. I practiced law extensively after my legal education in the Nigerian Law School and I was part of the legal team that represented Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in the titanic legal battle that eventually saw the retrieval of the mandate of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
5. I am a legal practitioner, legal scholar and public administrator. I served as Hon. Commissioner for Regional Integration and Special Duties in the first -term of Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola and was re-appointed as Hon. Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice in the second-term.
6. I am humbly seeking your mandate as I believe that my academic qualifications and experience in both private and public sector as well as active political participation has put me in a good stead to seek your mandate to represent you as a member of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
7. As a senator, the primary responsibilities are:
7.2 Oversight functions of the executive arm
7.3 Approval of key appointees of the Government of Nigeria as may be stipulated by the Nigerian Constitution and other enabling laws.
8. I sincerely pray that you understand the scope of my constitutional mandate as a Senator. Nevertheless, I am irrevocably committed to the achievement of the following if you graciously elect me as your Senator to represent Osun Central Senatorial District:
8.1 Facilitation of execution of laudable and impactful projects in all spheres of life in Osun Central Senatorial District.
8.2 An all – inclusive qualitative representation at the Nigerian Senate.
8.3 Easily accessible Senatorial office/secretariat.
8.4 Sponsoring of beneficial bills.
8.5 Sponsoring of Bill to establish a Federal medical Centre in Osun Central Senatorial District.
8.6 Establishment of Skills/Vocational training centers across Osun Central Senatorial District.
8.7 Annual Employability/Career Training/Job Fair for Graduates in the Senatorial district to ensure that our Graduates are not just qualified but also employable.
8.8 Facilitation of a Tech/ICT Hub for youths in the district.
8.9 Annual Medical check/Health Awareness programmes
8.10 Facilitation of projects and infrastructure to the district.
8.11 Senator Ajibola Basiru Food Bank for Osun Senatorial district
8.12 Quarterly Town Hall Meetings with constituents.
8.13 Senator Ajibola Basiru’s water project for rural areas.
8.14 Support the political developments in Osun Central Senatorial District and the State of Osun at large.
9. I believe that your support will greatly assist in uplifting our lives collectively in Osun Central Senatorial District.
10. I Thank you.
Surajudeen Ajibola Basiru Ph.D., BL (Notary Public)