Mecca Crane Collapse: Six Nigerians Among Victims
Six Nigerian pilgrims are among the 107 people killed in Friday’s crane collapse at Mecca’s holy site Ka’aba, Saudi Arabia.
Kaduna State Task Force on Hajj spokesman Saidu Adamu yesterday confirmed the death of a member of the state’s delegation.
National Hajj Commission (NAHCON) confirmed the death of five other Nigerians.
It named the dead Kaduna pilgrim as Alhaji Adamu Shuaibu Kargi from Kubau Local Government Area.
Federal Government officials had on Saturday said no Nigerian died.
Gombe State Amirul-Hajj, Abdullahi Mai-Kano, said four women pilgrims from the state were missing after the incident.
According to him, the four pilgrims were from Akko, Dukku and Nafada local governments areas of the state.
Mai-Kano said the pilgrim was injured in her head, but had been treated and discharged.
He said the four pilgrims were declared missing after a thorough verification and bed checking in the three houses accommodating the state’s pilgrims.
Authorities in Saudi Arabia had earlier on Saturday confirmed that 107 people died.
The spokesperson for the Saudi presidency on the Affairs of the two holy mosques, Ahmad Al-Mansouri, said at “least 107 people were dead and another 238 were injured.