Let Those that Call Buhari an Islamic Fundamentalist Answer These Questions!
Columnist Abu Najakku asked these questions in his column on page 52 of DAILY TRUST, Tuesday, November 18, 2014:
How dare you accuse Buhari of religious bigotry?
- Was Buhari as Head of State and commander – in – chief moving about with the Sultan of Sokoto or some Muslim religious leader every time he travelled?
- Did any Muslim leader receive a private jet on his birthday during the Buhari regime?
- Indeed, did Buhari remember or attend any Muslim leader’s birthday when he was Head of State?
- Did Buhari hire any Muslim leader’s private jet to launder money or attempt to buy arms in the name of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
•Did Buhari go to any mosque to speak about policy or utter his worries about so called nation-building?
- Did Buhari rejuvenate a hitherto comatose pilgrims commission for any faith and ask governors and public officials to pay for people to go on pilgrimage using public funds?
- Did Buhari go to Mecca and pray to continue as Head of State?
- Did he announce afterwards that his prayer for same had been accepted?
- Did Buhari mention and commit the name of any electoral umpire into the hands of God?
- Did Buhari allow the executive secretary of any pilgrims commission to follow him all over the place and take undue advantage of him?
- Was it Buhari that registered Nigeria’s membership of the so called Organisation for Islamic Conference (OIC)?
I have always said that Nigeria is a very interesting place in terms of hypocrisy and stuff like that. Will there be answers to the above questions?
We are waiting. But that’s not even important; what’s important is, let’s all work towards a credible country with functional public and private institutions of human development and protection.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com