Kwara PDP Cries Out to IGP, Says It’s Members Are Under Siege By APC Thugs
The Kwara State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has cried out to the Inspector General of Police to come to its aide as member of the All Progressives Congress has laid siege on its members in Alore area of the state.
The PDP in an email sent to Abusidiqu stating the time line of events that led to the fracas between her members and that of the APC, said it has taken the pain to make these clarifications in order to dispel any fake twisting of facts by the APC.
“The Kwara PDP has continued to be at the receiving ends of the violence being perpetrated by APC sympathizers in the state. But more unfortunately, we have even been labeled with violence because we do not enjoy a fair media attention like the APC, the statement said.
“We challenge all the respected journalists that people the chapel to inquire further about the claims herein-above made and report without fear or favour”
Below is the timeline of events the PDP said led to the fracas in Alore area
1. Friday 13th June, 2014
Over 2000 former APC members, led by Mallam Ajadi Abdulfatah, defected formally to the PDP in Kwara state. The event occured at Shayi’s compound, Alore area of Ilorin West local government area of Kwara state. The defectors openly tore their APC membership cards and were handed PDP flags (the media men present will attest to this fact). Please find attached, a picture evidence of the decamping. 1st pix shows former PDP members scrambling for PDP flags during the ceremony.
2. But few minutes into the completion of the ceremony, especially as the jubilant new members danced through the major streets of Alore, they were waylaid and attacked at the popular Alore junction.
3. Although we could not confirm the identities of the rampaging hoodlums, we can confirm that they were threatening and shouting publicly that Ilorin West ‘belongs’ to a former Governor of Kwara state, Sen. Bukola Saraki, and that they would not allow any intrusion into his ‘territory’. Find also attached, picture of the hoodlums at the popular Amoda area, Ilorin, note the cutlasses in their hands.
4. The hoodlums also threatened the lives of the leaders of the defectors, so much so that he had to be advised to vacate his home for a safe haven until the threat fizzle out. He has since been hibernating at an undisclosed place for fear of being attacked.
5. Other prominent members of the defecting group too have been asked to take cover, as there is increased threat to their lives
6. Sensing the danger ahead, members of our party alerted the police and a detachment was promptly deployed to major junctions of the area. But thinking that tension had been dowsed, the police did not show up yesterday. This unfortunately led to the death of one of the decampees, whose only offence was that resisted, on Friday, the humiliation of his colleagues by the thugs.
7. His name is Tajudeen, an ND student of the Federal Polytechnic Offa. He was hatched to death by over 10 APC thugs that invaded his Popoganan house, Ilorin, Kwara state around 10pm. He died at exactly 11pm after all effort to rescue him proved abortive. Please find his picture also attached above. His body lying lifeless in front of his house after the attack.
8. Presently, both the police and the soldiers have been called in to quench the fracas, with over five of the thugs already shot dead by the soldiers and several arrests made.
9. Property that is worth millions of Naira, including cars and their screens and shops have been looted.
10. Our party has made it clear to the Commissioner of Police and other relevant agencies, that it would not allow this sad occurrence to be swept under the carpet. We have asked that all those arrested so far, including alleged members of the Odua Peoples Congress (APC) deployed by a high ranking political office holder in the area to reinforce the APC thugs. We have also set machinery in motion to petition all public officials indicted in the fracas, so that they may be permanently investigated and prosecuted.
11. Our party is saddened by yet another violent attempt on its supporters. There have been a well oiled plan to cow our members by the opposition elements. Similar occurrence happened in Omu Aran on Saturday, where daredevil APC thugs invaded what was supposed to be a private meeting of the Ifelodun chapter of the party, and chased all the stakeholders present away.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com