“I’m Alive,” Pres. Jonathan’s Ex-CSO Shows Up At Press Conference To Debunk Report Of His Death
Gordon Obua, former chief security officer to Nigeria’s immediate past president Goodluck Jonathan, is alive.
Obuah, who was reported to have passed on while in the custody of State Security Services (SSS), since his arrest on Thursday, turn up at a press conference, Tuesday, effectively killing the rumours of his death.
“I am well and I have been well taken care of by my employers,” Obua was reported to have said during the press conference in Abuja.
The press conference was arranged by the SSS after rumours of Obua’s death littered the airwaves.
His statement starkly contrasts that of the man claiming to be his lawyer.
Andrew Itshekiri had said “on behalf of Obua’s family” that the ex-CSO was denied water, food, medication and access to his doctors and family members.
Itshekiri said Obua needed his doctors because he was hypertensive and diabetic.
Earlier on Tuesday, rumours were rife that Obua’s refusal to eat and the “Gestapo-styled” treatment he was given in SSS detention had brought about his death on Monday night, a rumour an SSS source had earlier denied.
Obua is reportedly being detained over alleged oil theft, and as part of an elaborate probe of the administration of former president Goodluck Jonathan.
Another “Jonathan man” and former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki is also on the SSS radar for alleged attempt at committing treason. Dasuki was placed under house arrest but was later released.