Gov Amaechi Exposes Aviation Minister Stella Oduah… Says Claim that Rivers Aircraft Operates with Fake Documents is False
The running battle between Governor Rotimi Amaechi of River state and the aviation authority over the purchase and operation of an aircraft by the River state government continued on Friday as the latter the governor accused aviation minister, Stella Oduah of brandishing lies to justify its action.
The minister had earlier alleged that the Rivers state government forged the documents being used to operate its bombardier aircraft in Nigeria, but the state governor, Rotimi Amaechi in his reaction, Friday exposed the falsehold embedded in the allegation to restate his earlier claim that the state government was being delibrately targetted by the Goodluck Jonathan led federal government for political witch-hunt.
The governor in a statement today by his commissioner for information, Ibim Semenitari said: “the attention of the Rivers State Government has been drawn to allegations of forged documentation and impropriety by aviation officials as it concerns the Rivers State Government owned aircraft. While the Rivers State Government will not want to join issues with the Minister of Aviation, we would like to make the following clarifications:
1) No aircraft can fly into Nigerian airspace illegally and land at various airports within the county unchallenged. The Rivers state Government owned aircraft has been in operation since October 2012
2) The allegation that a state government would “use the name of Caverton Helicopters to obtain various clearances for seven months running is both preposterous and embarrassing.
3) The claim that the aircraft insured is owned by ACASS CANADA LIMITED” of 6700 Cote de Liesse, Suite 206,Montreal, QC H4T 2B5, Canada is a deliberate distortion of facts. An insurance issued to ACASS was used for entry into service while flying between Canada and the USA for pre-delivery tests. Rivers State Government took delivery on 5th October, 2012 and duly insured the Aircraft and the certificate of insurance duly states this. Please note below:
5) The Rivers State Government has been flying this aircraft since October 2012 with this same certificate and with the knowledge of the Ministry of Aviation
6) We believe that all administrative procedure should and must be complied with however the state government is worried at what is beginning to seem like a witch-hunt of it and related parties that have conducted business with it.
7) We will continue to engage with aviation officials and follow through with all administrative requirements and processes as is most appropriate.”
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com