GDMO / Specialist Physician Vacancy at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell is companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 39 countries and employ approximately 19,000 staff (not including contractors).
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 43 per cent of the nation’s oil. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometers.
SPDC is currently involved in a multi-million dollar oil and gas project in the Niger Delta region with the objective of increasing production to help meet the world’s growing demand for energy.
We’re currently looking to recruit a GDMO / Specilist Physician for our Port Harcourt/Lagos businesses.
Job Title: GDMO/Specialist Physician
Job ID: F31004
Location: Lagos , Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Number of Vacancies: 3
- Provision of general/medical care to SPDC staff and dependants. 24hr/week emergency general/specialist duty care to patients.
- Medical evacuation and resuscitation services.
- Leadership role in the medical team-providing general/specialist input as appropriate towards the development of procedures and protocols for optimization of services.
- Provide health education/promotion for patients,subordinates and management in developing a healthy workforce and dependant population.
- Respecting the privacy,dignity,needs and beliefs of patients,dependants,carers and colleagues.
- A commitment to life-long learning and audit to ensure evidence-based best practice. Taking responsibility for own development,learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks. Reporting potential risks identified.
- Ensure suitability,availability and serviceability of all equipment needed to deliver routine and specialist care
- To maintain flexibility and ability to change with the rapidly changing scope of work in a specialized industry while maintaining professional focus and development as a general doctor
- In the face of highly demanding work of a routine nature,one must keep focus and be effective as a team leader in the delivery of quality healthcare in line with company policies.
- Application of administrative technical tools widely used in the oil industry to the medical environment
- Optimal healthcare in a cost effective manner with respect for the environment and the community at large
- MBBS or equivalent.
- BLS or similar
- Fellowship qualification on General/Family Practice.
- Current full registration with a National Medical Licensing body e.g. NMDC; GMC, etc.
- At least 5 years experience post fellowship qualification.
- Leadership and management experience.
Application Closing Date
Wednesday 08 August 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY