Fire Guts NEMA Warehouse In Lagos
A morning inferno has engulfed a National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) warehouse in Ikeja, Lagos, on Saturday.
In unraveling the cause of the incident, the Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Rasaki Musibau, said a high tension cable fell on the roof of the warehouse and caused the fire.
Musibau said the Service’s timely intervention prevented the fire from spreading to a nearby petrol filling station and other public buildings in the area.
“No casualties. We drew firemen from three stations to put out the fire. The firemen, officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and police put out the fire,’’ he said
In the same vein, South-West zonal spokesman of the agency, Mr. Farinloye Ibrahim, confirmed the incident, saying the warehouse was used to keep relief materials.
“We don’t have many materials in the warehouse as at the time of the fire incident. We have few mattresses, foams and other few facilities. The fire started at 8:30 a.m.
“The damage was not much before the fire was put out. We cannot estimate as at now the cost of the materials burnt,” Ibrahim said.