FG To Complete Second Niger Bridge By 2019, Says Osinbajo
The Federal Government has assured citizens of its commitment to complete the second Niger Bridge before the end of 2019.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo stated this on Friday in Onitsha at the official flag-off campaign of Mr Tony Nwoye, the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Anambra.
He said that N2 billion had already been paid to the contractors as mobilisation fees for the take-off of the bridge project.
Osinbajo said that all projects embarked on by the Nigerian Government would be completed without exception including rail and federal roads.
“The APC government is a government that will do everything it has promised. We are not making promises for nothing. The second Niger Bridge, we have been talking about it for a long time, but for the first time, the President went by himself to negotiate the facility to do that second Niger Bridge. That is why the second Niger Bridge is in our current budget and we have provided for it”.
“In fact, I am being reminded that just two days ago, the Sovereign Wealth Fund paid N2billion for that same project. (Sum paid to the contractor Julius Berger for early works) We will definitely see our second Niger Bridge, we will not make promises we cannot keep” he said.