EFCC Invites Dasuki, Sets Up 27-man Team To Probe Him
The woes of the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) may have gotten worse with his invitation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
According to a report by Punch, the anti-graft commission sent the letter of invitation to Dasuki earlier in the week to answer questions in connection with the ongoing probe into procurement of arms during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
A source said the EFCC also put a 27-man strong team of operatives on standby since Thursday for the mission to Dasuki’s residence.
The source said that the operatives had been given a directive to be on standby and were waiting for the final directive from the Acting Chairman of the commission, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, for the commencement of the assignment.
The source said, “The commission has invited the former NSA to appear before it. Already, a team of 27 operatives has been told to remain on standby.
“They are waiting for further directives. They are told not to go anywhere.”
However, a source close to the former NSA, who confirmed the invitation, said that Dasuki had not honoured the invitation because of the continuing siege on his house by operatives of the Department of State Services.
The source explained that he could not leave his house because he was under house arrest.
“It is true that the EFCC sent an invitation letter to him. The man would have honoured the invitation by now, but the DSS’s siege on his house is still in place.
“As we are talking, the DSS operatives are in the place. So, how can Dasuki come out to the EFCC?
Our correspondent could not get the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, to comment on the story as the calls to his mobile telephone line did not connect.