Defence Headquarters’ Claim On Freeing 107 Abducted Girls False – Principal
The principal of Government Girls Secondary School (GGSS), Chibok where over 100 students were abducted by members of Boko Haram sect, Mrs Asabe Kwambura has faulted the claim by Defence Headquarters on Wednesday that 107 of the abducted girls had been free, with only eight missing.
“There is nothing in the military statement that is true about our abducted girls,” Mrs. Kwambura said. “Up till now we are still waiting and praying for the safe return of the students; all I know is that we have only 14 of them, and the security people especially the Vigilante and the well meaning volunteers of Gwoza are still out searching for them.”
She continued, ”The military people too are in the bush searching. So we have not received any information that they have gotten the students yet. So let it be clear that all the information passed on the media by the military concerning 107 girls is not true.
“I, as the principal did not tell any body any figure on released students other than what our Governor, His Excellency Kashim Shettima had informed the media.”
The Principal said she was contacted by the military headquarters in Abuja yesterday and some person was asking her to confirm the number of girls released.
”I told them that I don’t want to be seen to be contradicting myself on that because what the governor said was what we know about; and I told them there may be additional rescue of the girls, but up to this moment we have not received any of them apart from what we had before,” the principal said.
” What the governor said is still the true picture of the whole issue and that information given by the military is totally wrong.”
The military spokesperson at the Defence Headquarters, Major General Chris Olukolade, had Wednesday issued a statement claiming that 107 abducted girls were freed; adding that only eight of the girls were still missing and the military was searching for them.
He also claimed that a member of the Boko Haram sect that participated in the abduction was also nabbed by the military.
Borno state Governor, ashim Shettima was also quoted by the BBC Hausa service this morning faulting the claims of the military.
He reportedly said, “We have recovered 14 of the girls and we have announced a N50 million reward for any credible information that will help us get our girls released and rejoined with their families.”
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com