So here we are coming to terms with the realities on ground, that there are many aliments larger and more potent than this “Flu Like” ailment with the pathogen COVID-19 is not news, However COVID-19 has taken the day and brought the high and mighty to their knees.
So what can we do
What we should do is Objectively see this in all the possible lights, lenses and filters we can see through.
Holistic health calls for the treatment of Mind, Body and Soul to successfully manage and recover from any ailment.
For the mind and soul, we have our user manuals equipped with maintenance, trouble shooting and repair guides; The Quran, The Hadith, The Bible and a host of other religious books.
Unfortunately these guides have been greatly discarded and used minimally, there is an Urgent need to visit these manuals that we may operate at our prime.
As for the relationship between the mind, body and soul, we will look at it another day, for now it will surface to say there is nothing but falsehood after the truth, more so “wanda bai ji bari zai a ji woho” (Hausa proverb)
Now that we have our kids home, with limited socializing and interactions, it is time for us to look inward to making the best of a bad situation in anticipation of brighter days to come.
First build our body’s immunity
Eat right and smart, greens, fruits and traditionally known healthy foods.
Eating right and smart means looking at the functionality of foods first before we look at ease of preparation.
I would recommend soups like Okazi, Ugu, Kuka, Miyan Zogale, Miyan Karkashi, soups using Bitter leaf, Sweet Potato leaf and so on, these should go with the likes of tuwon Dawa, Tuwon Gero, Pounded Yam, and so on. Tailor to your locality.
If you are a rice person then add salads to your meals, your salads should have greens of choice [lettuce, cress, parsley, Mint (na’na), celery, ++] and be generous with onions and tomato
Encourage your children to eat steamed Spinach [Alaifo]
Spice your tea or other beverages with Cloves, Masora (black peper), Ginger, Fennel, Coriander, bay leaf, Sage, others of choice, you can use
Maintain good hygiene, keep hands clean, cover your mouth them in combination.
when you yawn (use back of right hand, back of left hand or in of right hand, Never use in of left hand).
Shield your nose when you sneeze, Do Not try to stop your sneeze the result could be lethal.
Avoid body contact unless necessary.
Quality time, you have been availed that time you never had to now spend with your wife, your wives, your husband and your kids, use it wisely!
Play with your kids, rekindle with your spouse, do homework, cook together, build closeness, rest your phones and pray together.
THIS IS NOT A SCORE SETTING TIME, IT IS A LET’S MAKE IT BETTER TIME
Reach out to help the needy, this might just be our last chance, while we are limited in movement we should not limit our kindness and generosity.
Some General Preparations for Prevention and Treatment of Suspected Cases. These are tailored to work based on the temperamental theory as understood by the Traditional African Medicine Practitioner
- Ganyen Tulare (Eucalyptus leaf)
- Tyme and Lemon Grass
- Decoction made from Na’na (Mint Leaf)
- Decoction made from Ganyen Tulare
- Decoction made from Ginger and Cloves
- Kurkur (Tumeric), Chitta (Ginger), Tafranuwa (Garlic), Albasa (Onion) make smooth paste add honey and doses 2 tablespoon per adult and 1 per child 12 years and below. Mix ratio 1/2:1:2:1
- Rosemary, Mint, Fannel make decoction mix ratio 25 leaves: Hand full: 2 tea spoon to 50cl of water bring to boil, simmer for 3 mins, cool and drink 25cl x 2 daily, 12.5cl for under 12
- Black Seed, Olive leaves make decoction, mix ratio 2 teaspoon: 15 leaves to 50cl of water, bring to boil, let simmer for 5 mins, cool and drink, 25cl x 2 daily for adults, 12.5cl for under 12
THESE DOSES MAY VARY WITH ACUTENESS OF AILMENT and BODY TYPE
These will treat a variety of respiratory tract ailments.
Traditional Medicine Practitioners [TMPs] using the temperamental theory would use a wide variety of leaves, tree barks and roots in single or multiple herb combinations to achieve the same results.
- Walid S. Moukarim
- BAIS, Higher Dip Hijama Therapy Dip ATMP, Proficiency Certificate TCM
- TMP, IPHM2305. MITBCCT 1234/1912/2401
- @walidsmoukaim – facebook
- @ShifahHolisticC – twitter
- Shifah Holistic Health Care – email@example.com
- Tel: +2348099331855