Having witness the 16 years reign of PDP it is very difficult for me to understand why any Nigerian would still want the party anywhere close to Aso Rock. Some claimed that Buhari is not the solution to Nigeria problem and so would rather go back to the initiators of the problem.
Naturally, all Nigerians are supposed to stand individually and collectively to prevent the return of the master treasury looters anywhere near the treasury.
PDP must be of the opinion that Nigerians have short memories else they would not have been so bold to come to the street asking for votes. But today, PDP once again taking advantages of the poverty they indirectly inflicted on the people by their 16 years of misrule, will today present a man with unclear burden of corruption within the country and beyond, as their presidential candidate.
Since PDP thought all Nigerians suffer shared loss of memory, I will take it upon myself to help joggle their memory back.
The atrocities of PDP against Nigeria people and the commonwealth of the country are enormous and cannot be easily exhausted but I will attempt to remind us of a few of such gross disregard for decorum and sanctity of government during the reign of PDP.
Today Atiku Abubakar, the PDP presidential aspirant and his foot soldiers has been so busy painting picture of a Buhari government that turn upside down all the gains of the past and has bastardized the economy, turn the country to an unemployment haven and have nothing good to offer the nation. They boldly say this because they believe Nigerians are all short sighted.
So for the benefit of those who may have forgotten or those who were not aware, these facts were what define the entire 16 years of PDP usurping of the commonwealth of Nigeria and the legacy they handed over to the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Before 2015, those who masterminded the coordination of the economy at different times for the PDP government have these to say:
Prof Charles Soludo , a once Governor of the Central Bank under PDP said whoever wins 2015 presidential election will never find it easy to govern the country. He said over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under the Jonathan supervision.
The Soludo outburst came a while before Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi , the immediate past Governor of the Central Bank attacked the Jonathan government with the accusation of over US$20 billion unremitted to the Federation account. In 2014, Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is.
Dr Ngozhe Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy under Jonathan, Mrs Okonjo Iweala in several interview said “I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom.”
Peter Obi, the then Governor of Anambra State(;the current PDP Vice presidential candidate ) agreed with, Mrs Okonjo Iweala. He said “Okonjo-Iweala and Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warnings from economic experts.”
Having recollected the magnitude of the atrocities perpetrated by the combined PDP administrations, it is also very necessary that I jolt our memory back to what happened to all these monies that were wrongly appropriated under the PDP.
The EFCC was established under the same PDP but was blind to what was happening to the economy came alive under President Buhari and in no time got unbelievable confession that should define out decision now and in the future.
For your perusals, here are some of these confessions:
- When questioned, the erstwhile security adviser to the government of Jonathan said all his actions; the monies taken and misappropriated were all with permission of the President (Jonathan). Jonathan responded saying I didn’t give such orders. We are talking of US$2.1billion that was taking under the guise of fighting insurgency but overtly between the duo ended up on the street in the pockets and accounts of their cronies.
- Bode George when questioned by EFCC said he only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m as accused.
- Dokpesi of AIT said he was given only #2.1billion for publicity by Dasuki
- Atahiru Bafarawa collected his own in tranches. For SPIRITUAL PURPOSES , he collected #4.6billion from Dasuki. He collected another #100million through Yuguda( former minster).
- Iyorcha Ayu collected #350million from dasuki for CONSULTATION.
- Obaigbena of the Thisday magazine was the beneficiary of N650M from Dasuki for his Abuja burnt office as if it had become the responsibility of the government to rebuilt
- Dasuki also volunteer the information that President Jonathan gave him the order to change N10billion to foreign currency for PDP delegates
- Shekarau during questioning admitted that 950m was shared in his house
- during questioning, Dasuki’s account officer said my boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN
The list is endless from the inglorious Dasukigate, but that was not the end:
• Patience Jonathan is claiming the $31m traced to dubious companies are rightfully hers and she has sued the Nigerian state.
• Femi Fani-Kayode took 740million.
• Dasuki used trucks to load over $35billion from the CBN.
• Olisa Metuh took 400million.
• Aziboala, GEJ’s cousin took 6billion naira.
• Nenadi Usman took 3.5billion naira.
• Fayose took 3billion naira.
• Obanikoro took 4billion naira.
• Olu Falae took 100million naira.
• Tony Anenih – 400million naira.
• Oritsejafor – $35million
• Former Air Chief Amosu – 2billion naira.
• Lucky Igbinedion-16billion naira.
• *Bode-George and Dabo -100billion naira
• Jolly Nyame-2.4billion naira.
• Joshua Dariye-700million naira.
• *Nyesom Wike stole #4billion.
• Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money?
• Tompolo was paid 13Billion.
• Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32million.
• Tompolo was paid N13B for Maritime university land by NIMASA DG.
With all this recorded looting and recoveries, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet; they even say its political persecution. How did they expect the change to look?
PDP left behind only what they can’t carry or unable to lay their hands on and then the recession surfaced. The recession didn’t just happen, PDP looted Nigeria into RECESSION .
As it has always been, in all humility, I stand to be corrected with palpable evidence or superior argument…
May Nigeria Succeed!