Call for Applications; Obajeun.com Blogging contest for #BringBackOurGirls – #TheBuzz – N50,000 up for Grab
On the night of Tuesday, April 15th 2014 (approximately 100 days ago), about 300 school girls were abducted from Chibok Government Secondary School – Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, Nigeria. This barbaric and dastardly act of crime was perpetuated by the notorious terrorist group – Boko Haram.
A powerful media campaign tagged #BringBackOurGirls was launched to voice out the grief of the world on the issue, and bring the attention of the Nigerian Government to the pain and sufferings of the abducted young girls. The whole nation and indeed the world at large have been expectant and positive; but till this moment, the girls have not been rescued.
Do you think that the #BringBackOurGirls campaign has outlived its relevance?
At Obajeun.com, we don’t think so! This is why we are calling on YOU to participate in this one-of-a-kind blogging contest – #TheBuzz
If you are a passionate and creative Nigerian youth and you have a valid twitter account with at least 20 followers, then this is for YOU!!!
How to Participate
– From 12:00am on Sunday 27th July – 11:59pm on Saturday 9th August 2014, buzzers would then compose one unique tweet – summarily expressing their own thoughts about #BringBackOurGirls, untold stories about the girls or proffering workable means that we as a nation can employ to bring our girls back home in no time – safe and sound. To capture your unique thoughts, your 140 characters tweet may include words, graphics/cartoons or self-designed and thought provoking pictures! Tweets have to mention @Obajeun and contain the hash tags #TheBuzz.
For example, tweets should look like this – “@Obajeun The Nigerian Army has failed us!!! 300,000 able bodied and armed civilians need to unite & march to Sambisa forest to save our girls. #TheBuzz“
-The 30 most inspiring tweets would be selected to move on to the next round!!! N.B – Retweets by your followers, increases your chances of being selected!!! The 30 buzzers would be announced on Sunday, 10th August, 2014.
– Subsequently, 30 selected buzzers would then proceed to write 500-600 worded articles, reports, fiction, poems, cartoons, pictures and graphics/design to further explore their individual unique thoughts on the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, unheard stories about the girls, or unexplored means to rescue our girls and send for posting from August 11 to 16. They would send in their entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– A competent panel of experienced and objective artists/writers/bloggers would then decides the fate of the 30 buzzing semi-finalists, to determine 15 buzzers who would move on to the last and final round. The 15 buzzers would be announced on Sunday, 17th August, 2014.
– The final 15 would proceed to public support. They would have their unique links shared with them and they would be expected to use their social media influence to garner support through: facebook blog likes, facebook blog comments, twitter shares, google+ shares, etc. This would happen from August 18 to August 30. Winners would be announced on Sunday 31st August, 2014.
Why YOU Should Participate
This is a rare opportunity for you as a dynamic Nigerian youth to stir up the #BringBackOurGirls conversation once more, make it #TheBuzz of 2014 and contribute to standing for justice for these abducted and defenceless young girls who are a significant part of the future of our Nation.
Again, it is an outlet to explore your blogging, writing, artistic and poetic abilities for the world to listen. In all, it is all about ventilating your creativity
Most interestingly, Exciting prizes would be carted away by outstanding buzzers including -:
- N50,000 up for grab
- Buffet sit outs/Movie hang outs with Obajeun.com crew
- Automatic tickets to participate in the next season of Tolerance Academy – A national peace-building & leadership development certification training.
- Winning articles, cartoons and pictures also stand a chance to be featured on award winning blogs & websites as well as popular national dailies.
- Also, winners in western Nigeria would get an opportunity to physically present their work at one or more glamorous literary events.
For more info, log on to www.obajeun.com
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com