‘Buhari Has Not Given Up On Chibok Girls’ – Presidency
The Presidency on Thursday said the Federal Government has not given up on the Chibok girls.
It said Buhari’s heart was with the girls and their parents.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said this in an interview with one of our correspondents.
He said efforts to find the abducted girls would continue.
The presidential spokesman said, “The President’s heart is with the Chibok girls and their parents. He understands their feelings.
“The government has not given up on the missing girls. Efforts to find them will continue.
“So far, the country’s gallant and re-energised military has taken back more than 20,000 citizens held hostage by the terrorists.
“In the last couple of days, the Nigerian Air Force carried out a successful raid in which 300 terrorists were killed. The leader of the terrorists, Shekau, was injured.
“Boko Haram, which killed above 20,000 citizens is on the retreat. Government’s efforts to end terrorism and brigandage all over the country will continue.”