11 PDP Senators Defect To APC [See Who They Are]
The wave of defection that has seen members of the House of Representatives move from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) has finally hit the Senate with the defection of 11 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, senators to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The defection took place on Wednesday at the chambers of the Senate.
Among the senators that defected are Bukola Saraki, Mohammed Ndume, Danjuma Goje and Abdullahi Adamu.
Their decision was communicated in a letter addressed to the Senate President, David Mark.
Several reports indicate that some more senators could decamp in the nearest future.
At the moment the ruling party still appears to have the majority in the Senate despite the mass defections to the APC. However, the official figures are yet to be announced.
The gale of defection started with Five PDP governors who moved to the opposition party on November 26.
This was followed by 37 PDP members of the House of Representatives who like the 5 PDP governors defected to the APC.
Below is the full list of defectors.
The defecting senators are as follows :
1. Senator Bukola Saraki-Kwara Central
2. Senator Umaru Dahiru-Sokoto South
3. Senator Magnus Ngei Abe -Rivers South-East
4. Senator Wilson Asinobi Ake-Rivers West
5. Sen. Bindawa Muhammed Jibrilla-Adamawa North
6. Sen. Mohammed Danjuma Goje-Gombe central
7. Sen. Aisha Jummai Alhassan-Taraba North
8. Sen. Mohammed Ali Ndume-Borno South
9. Senator Mohammed Shaba Lafiaji-Kwara North
10. Sen. Abdulahi Adamu-Nasarawa West
11. Senator Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir-Sokoto East
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org