Boko Haram’s Self-Contained Hide Out Or There Is More Than Meets The Eye By Prof. Salisu Shehu
Today, Monday 12 May,2014, the whole world, but most especially we Nigerians, and indeed surely, the parents of the abducted girls of Chibok, got startled by the sudden appearance of the 50minutes video released purportedly released by BOKO HARAM, showing about half the number of the girls on TV screen and also circulating on YouTube and other social media. All of them well clad in full Hijabs. On seeing them in that appearance, the following thoughts immediately came up in my mind, just as a lot of mind boggling questions arose.
My dear readers, please come along with me let us reason together.
1. The first thought that came up in my mind was: this appearance indicates that the hide out of BOKO Haram insurgents must be a self contained one where there are shops that sell fabrics and there are tailors with sewing machines, etc. This is because, the Hijabs look very new, untattered, and not shabby or unkempt. So, I surmised, quite reasonably and logically you may say, that the hide out where these girls have been kept must be a well secured, self contained enclave. But if this supposition does not make sense, then necessarily, the following questions must be raised
1. Did Shekau and his group plan the kidnap a very long time ago, and they made ready all these Hijabs even before the kidnap?
2. If we don not accept question 1 above, then we should ask yet again that, in a region under state of emergency, with strict military and SSS surveillance, and the surveillance, as we are being made to believe, has been increased after the kidnap, would it be possible that such a huge quantity of hijab fabrics would be bought and sewn without being noticed? Could they have had the wherewithal to move freely into markets, make huge purchases and give out tailoring jobs of such magnitude and at once, without being apprehended?
3. If the questions in 2 above can all be answered in the affirmative,then wouldn’t it be safe to assert that, the notion that our security system has enormously been compromised by corruption and it is indeed, to the extent of the corruption, very dangerously porous?
4. If all these questions are not tenable, then wouldn’t it be sensible and reasonable to believe that the whole scenario is a melodrama of the highest level and that we just being taken for a ride? That we are just being deceived? That we can all believe in the conspiracy theory, including the doubting thomases?
Fisabilillahi, wai what is really happening ne kam to us please? Alaisa minna rajulun Rasheed?
In order to further strengthen the doubts I raised above let me present another person’s thoughts verbatim. He expressed similar doubts but with a different perspective. Read him please, and as he said, let us reason together:
“While Nigerians don’t have access to good internet connection in town and cities, Shekau in the forest uploaded 50 minutes video on youtube. Damn!!! We, in the cities even find it difficult to open youtube video links of just 2 to 3 minutes. Who is that internet service provider for Shekau??? Are you people kidding us?
Nigerian SSS can trace and arrest those that tweeted photo of the staged jail break but they can’t trace shekau with all his video uploads and other activities on the internet? Who Boko Harams? Truth is like pregnancy, it will come out no matter the cover up.
This country is real joke.”
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com