Boko Haram Burns Down Borno Village in Fresh Attack
Gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram on Wednesday night invaded Ngawa Fate, a village few kilometres from Maiduguri, razing all but two houses there, the BBC is reporting.
Two of the villagers were also killed while majority had already abandoned the village upon hearing of the impending attack, a resident told the BBC.
Residents of Gamboru Ngala Local Government Area also reported hearing large explosions that could have been from either the insurgents or the Nigerian military. The residents said they remained indoors in the early hours of Thursday out of fear. Over 150 residents of the village were killed when Boko Haram insurgents attacked them last week. Scores of cars, houses, and public buildings were also destroyed by the insurgents then.
The attacks in Borno have continued despite the state of emergency there since May last year.
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday requested the National Assembly to extend the emergency rule in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa by another six months; a move opposed by governors of the states.
Follow me on Twitter @CollinsUma
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org