Between Engr Mustafa Bello And Chief Servant Babangida Aliyu: The Untold Stories
By Engr. Mustafa Bello FNSE
My Dear and Great Citizens of Niger State,
I come back to you once again on the coming elections of Saturday, April 11th and the need for us to unite once again to ensure we totally defeat the out-going Governor and his annointed (Istiharah) product as well as ensure that the State has a responsible and united House of Assembly.
This time around, we should be in an even larger number than that of Saturday March 28th, 2015.
For your information the following were the good I did to Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu as against what I got in return from him;
- In 2007, when he was forcefully imposed on us as a candidate, my house, then staying at the NNPC Housing Estate, Area-11, Garki, Abuja was the second place he visited after that of Professor Jerry Gana, seeking support in campaign, finance and ideas. In the course of the entire campaigns of 2007 and 2011 I voluntarily sourced from friends and expended N74M on his campaign and election in 2007 and N58M in 2011.
- Upon “Winning” the election in 2007, he drove himself to my Minna house ( Which he later claims I had no house at all in Minna, but an “Abuja Politician”) to plead with me to give him the idea I shared with him on “Wards Development”, on which I later returned to Abuja and developed a thin, not too detailed, brief on and which his administration had attempted with extreme difficulty and abuse, to impliment and which remains the only “Joker” his government is boasting o despite it’s shortcomings! The governor has never publicly or privately acknowledged that the entire idea of “Wards Development” was from Mustafa Bello.
- When the late President Umaru Musa ‘Yar Adua (Rahimahul Lah!) became fully incapacitated and obvious that his ailment was hopeless and terminal, I was one of those previledged to be consulted on possible choices of a Vice President by Gen. TYD & Others and in my honest opinion I stated that beside his (Talba’s) “Mouth” that could embarrass the Government of Nigeria, he may be a good material if given that opportunity. I remember the General stating that, “If we take away that (meaning his mouth)” I said he had no other problem and being very honest. Then the General said “ask him to see me”! Immediately I left the venue I sent him a text and, unlike him that was traditionally hard to recieve a response of a text message from, immediately called me directly and he later went to see the General. AlhamdulilLah that did not materialize because Allah knew what was in his heart for me from him for my good towards him.
- When Prof. Gana and Kure teamed up to ensure that the State Party Executive was desolved like it happened in Adamawa and some few States, to give them individual advantages, I made sure I had audience with Mr. President, Mr. Vice President and then Party Chairman Alh. Bamanga Tukur to explain the true situation of things on ground in Niger State and through that I rescued the entire Party Exco from eminent dissolution. The same leadership of the Party and key figures of the Exco treated us the way the governor wanted!
- When the Governor nominated Maibasira as their replacement for the National Youth Leader, the same Maibasira, who later turned a traitor, came to me seeking for support and protection, seeing what was going on between the National Chairman and Governors. Right in front of the same Maibasira, who apparently did his National Youth Service in my then office, the NIPC, I placed calls to Sen. Abubakar Gada, an SA to the then National Chairman, and Barr. A. Gulak, an Adviser Political to Mr. President seeking they ensure, Maibasira made it as the National Youth Leader, no matter the situation. AlhamdulilLah, Maibasira made it against all odds but what I got in return from Maibasira, an agent of Talba was treachery acting on the instructions of his “Boss” by changing the entire list of Niger State Delegates for Party Primaries to reflect the wish of the governor as well as reporting every decision on the National Working Committee of the Party to his politically-finished “Mentor”! Glad in one of my subsequent interactions with A. Maibasira in his office, I told him that if the Party steered away from course of justice, “It would face hell”! Glad that Allah has vindicated me! They have indeed seen the “Hell”!
- In 2007 when the issue of a National Secretary of the Party came up as zoned to the North-Central. Everyone that was at the meeting had a coincidental convergence of mind on one person, “Mustafa Bello”! I started recieving phone calls from everywhere. To cut the story short, getting to even see my governor became an issue. By the end of the day every other governor, or his deputy in the Zone assured me of support, my State Governor turned away his face and that’s how Niger State lost an opportunity. Infact he had the guts to inform Alh. Sidi H. Ali, who challenged him, that I did not even mention to him. An incontrovertible lie!
- I need not to state how I was treated at the Party “Primaries” all in an effort to continue to tell Abuja the traditional lies that we are not on ground. Allah Has shown who are on ground!
- Throughout his tenure I can say without fear of contradiction that his administration had never approached me with even an appointment of a Counselor in appreciation of all that I have done, infact not even a word of appreciation. I did not ask and was not approached. My Patience has Paid as in “Suru-Lere” an addage of the Yoruba which means “Patience Pays”!
My dear citizens of our Great State, we have an opportunity to remove completely remnants of people who got high offices cheaply and never valued it let alone it’s people. The governor saw us as a set of people that must accept whatever gabbage.
AlhamdulilLah we have shown them in the first instance we are not consumers of gabbage but responsible citizens who remove irresponsible governments whenever it surfaces.
I thank you.
Engr. Mustafa Bello FNSE