At Least 60 Killed In Fresh Boko Haram Attacks In Borno
Over 40 persons have again been killed in fresh attacks launched against residents of Maisarmari in Konduga local government area located along the Maiduguri-Bama road in troubled Borno state by members of the islamist sect, Boko Haram.
The killings which took place for two consecutive days without any resistance from the security forces, precisely on Saturday and Sunday came amidst another attack in Maisarmari where the insurgents slit the throats of their victims.
It was also learnt that they equally killed villagers in Ngomari located in Mafa Local government area of the state. Apart from the killed, no fewer that 26 victims with bullet wounds are said to be presently receiving treatment at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH).
A hospital security guard, who pleaded anonymity at the Accident and Emergency ward of the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, confirmed that 26 persons were brought to the hospital on Sunday.
“Some are admitted here in the A and E ward and others have been taken to the Amenity Ward; we are under instructions not to allow visitors into the ward, please,” said the security guard.
An operative of the vigilante in Maiduguri tagged Civilian-JTF, Usman Musa, told reporters in Maiduguri that a troop of soldiers and youth vigilante had been deployed to Konduga on Sunday but met a fierce resistance from the heavily armed terrorists.
“We lost four of our members in the Civilian-JTF when they arrived Konduga yesterday, I don’t know about the soldiers; but it was a very bad incident yesterday. Some of our members made it back on foot through bush paths this morning,” Musa said.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to email@example.com