APC Sweeps Polls In Kogi…Wins All 3 Senatorial Seats…As Dino Melaye Defeats Incumbent Smart Adeyemi
In yet another PDP state, Kogi state, the APC has roundly defeated the PDP in both the presidential and national assembly election polls results declared by INEC in the state. Apart from Buhari of APC defeating incumbent President Jonathan of PDP, the ruling PDP also lost the three senatorial seats and virtually all the 15 House of Reps seats in the state to APC candidates.
In Kogi West, the two- term Senator Smart Adeyemi of the PDP was roundly defeated by APC’s Dino Melaiye. In the Central Senatorial district , Mohammed Ohiare of the APC also defeated the incumbent Senator Usman Abatemi who defected from PDP to PPA as a result of his defeat in the primary election. He was defeated by Saliu Ogembe who later became the PDP Senatorial candidate.
In the Eastern Senatorial district, the incumbent Senator Attai Aidoko of the PDP lost to Alhaji Abubakar of the APC. Below are some of the results from the LGAs:
- Ogori Mangongo LGA—APC 2321, PDP 1934
- Adavi LGA—APC 22659, PDP 7,767
- Okehi LGA—APC 17,801. PDP 5808
- Yagba West LGA—APC 6231 , PDP. 6639
- Igalamela-Odolu LGA— APC 6075 , PDP 7285
- Idah LGA— APC 10445 , 6113
- Mopa/Moro LGA -APC 3881 , PDP 2793
- Bassa LGA— APC 7412 , PDP 9964
- Dekina LGA —-APC 18189 , PDP 13885
- Kabba BUNU— APC 8737. PDP 9009
TOTAL — APC 102741. , PDP 71197.