Abuja Businesswoman Sues Chirst Embassy For Assault And Battery
An Abuja Businesswoman, Mrs Uchenna Eshareturi has sued the founder of Believers Love world Incorporated (aka Christ Embassy), Dr. Chris Oyakhilome and some of its pastors and security staff for assault and battery against her person perpetrated on her on the 21stNovember, 2014 at the premises of the Church in Oregun, Lagos.
In the Statement of Claim filed in Suit No. Temp/12647/2015 in the High Court of Lagos State, Ikeja Division, the Claimant, Mrs Uchenna Eshareturi averred that the assault and battery visited on her by the Defendants resulted in the termination of her pregnancy.
Accordingly the Claimants sought the following reliefs against the Defendants thus:
- A Declaration that the 1st Defendant breached the contract entered into with the 2nd Claimant.
- Payment of General Damages by the 1st Defendant to the 2nd Claimant of the sum of N4 Million for breach of contract entered with the 2nd Claimant for rental of LED Screen.
- A Declaration that the assault and battery visited on the 1stClaimant on the 21stNovember, 2014, by the 3rd to 6th Defendants and other unknown members of Staff and Security of the 1st Defendant which led to the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of the 1st Claimant is wanton, inhumane, unconscionable, cruel, wicked and ungodly.
- Special Damages for the damage of the Claimants’ property including her clothing; slippers; airfares (Abuja to Lagos and Lagos to Abuja); hotel accommodation in Lagos; Cell Phone; Recharge Cards; Professional fees paid to lawyers; Medical bills; feeding; transportation within and around Lagos; damaged LED screen; and other person belongings, by the Defendants amounting to N36, 456, 000.00(Thirty Six Million, Four Hundred and Fifty Six Thousand Naira) only and $460.00 (Four Hundred and Sixty Dollars).
- General Damages/Exemplary Damages of N5 Billion for the brutal assault and battery perpetrated against the 1st Claimant; unlawful termination of her pregnancy, inconveniences, psychological trauma caused by the unlawful and tortious acts of the Defendants.
- N2 Million as cost of litigation.
However no date has been fixed for the hearing of the case.