16 Female Suicide Bombers Arrested in Kano not Linked to Chibok – FG
The Federal Government has said that the 16 female suicide bombers who were arrested in Kano alongside their trainer are not linked to the abducted Chibok girls.
Director General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA), and Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Dr Mike Omeri stated this during a media briefing with journalists on Tuesday.
Omeri who answered questions alongside spokesperson of various security agencies including the Directorate of State Security Service (DSS) and the Police also spoke on the protest by wives of soldiers in Maiduguri.
Can we say the 16 girls arrested with a suicide bomb trainer are linked to the abducted Chibok girls?
Omeri: They are not linked to the girls in Chibok in anyway
I was coming back from Jos and on the Kafanchan highway we met some police who stopped us and searched our car and they saw one of the passengers was carrying a drug called tramol so they handcuffed him and told us to bail him. We contributed N3,000 and the man refused to collect it and said we should pay N10,000. The guy later brought N2000 and added to it. I tried to get the name of the police but it was covered. What is the law stipulating high way police patrol?
Frank Mba: It is important for us to establish the identity of the persons and incidentally I was not there and if you have brought this information before me, by now we would have commenced a surveillance around that area because it is important that you first of all establish that they are trained personnel of the Nigerian police. Until you do that it will be unfair for you to brand them police officers.
The APC in Osun is accusing the DSS of wrong doings, I just want you to throw more light. Let us know what is happening.
Marilyn Ogar: Thank you very much. We thank God that there was no bomb blast and there has been no bomb blast anywhere and there will be no bomb blast because there was enough security.
The same security forces that assisted in the election in Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Ekiti are the same security forces that went to Osun. Before the DSS would post men and materials for any operations, we pay their allowances up front. So, we cannot be induced by money.
The rejection of money is bringing up a lot of misunderstanding between political parties and the DSS and we hold our heads up. At the appropriate time, we will lay all the details on the table. I want to tell you that there is a big man occupying a very sensitive position in Osun. The man should thank his God that it was not the DSS that arrested him with a huge sum of money. I want to also tell you that, if it was not for security forces when the Kabiyesi of Ede, the kabiyesi of Atiri, the Kabiyesi of Atakumosa were attacked, if security forces were not there, the story about Osun would have changed. If the security forces did not go out to do that which they are being paid to do, the story would have been different. In the past, people would not be making these allegations that they are making. We should not abuse people’s goodness. Right from last week we have warned that political parties should as much as possible leave security forces out of politics. We are not partisan and we want to remain like that. We are to provide enabling environment with which people will cast their vote and that is what we have done.
We should commend the security forces because they are doing their job. All foreign observers that were in Osun State commended our security forces that participated in the election, yet our people particularly those that benefitted from the presence of security are the ones trying to castigate them.
Are you implying that a certain political party tried to bribe the DSS?
Ogar: What I am saying to you is that the Director that was in charge of election duty in Osun as it pertains to the DSS was asked to come and collect N4 million for self and N10 million for the hooded men because we have said our men were hooded in our operational outfit, but because the money was declined, that is the offence that the DSS has committed.
We are well paid and I can say it categorically that our operations are well funded. People should stop using money to entice security forces. The government that engaged us has the capability of taking care of us.
What is the security update of Gwoza?
Omeri: On Gwoza, operations are on-going there at the moment. It won’t be nice and proper to disclose what is happening and the strategies that are being adopted. But be rest assured that whatever needs to be done is being done.
Is it true that the military equipment are not up to date?
Omeri: The Director of Defence Information has spoken on this matter. I will allow what he has said to sink. I understand that a number of strategic measures are being taken to ensure that such incidences never happened again. By the way, the army officers’ wives are not professionals to know the capacity of guns and weapons that they are carrying.
Do not hesitate to leave your opinion in the comment section below.
To contact Abusidiqu.com for Article Submission and Advertisement or General inquiry, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org